Thank you for your interest in Prairie Moon Waldorf School. To fully appreciate the school, plan to visit our campus, just a few minutes north of downtown Lawrence. You may join us for a visitor morning, attend a class play or performance, go on a scheduled tour, or come to one of our festivals or events. We look forward to meeting you and helping you learn more about Waldorf education.
- Read through Information Packet and website.
- Tour the school, or attend an Open House, or school function. (If these things are not possible, speak with our Enrollment Coordinator or a teacher.)
- Complete and submit an Application for Admissions to our office with $50 fee per child.
- Read Parent Handbook prior to Parent-Child Faculty Interview.
- Inform the business office if you are interested in applying for tuition assistance. Families may apply for assistance once the school has received your Application for Admissions with the application fee.
- Child’s class visit. (grade school only) The teacher will arrange for your grade-school aged child to visit the classroom for one or two days after the above steps have been taken.
- Schedule and complete Parent-Child Faculty Interview. Your child’s prospective teacher will call to set a time to meet with you and your child, to assess your child’s development, to gather biographical information, and answer your questions.
- Notification of Acceptance. You will be notified by the enrollment coordinator or the office that your child has been accepted into our program.
- Upon acceptance, parent receives an enrollment contract, specifying tuition and fees.
- Reserve a Space. Your deposit (10% of the annual tuition per child or agreed upon tuition deposit) must be received to reserve your child’s/children’s place(s) in the classroom. You will meet with our Business Manager to set up your tuition agreement. Payment options will be outlined at this time.
- Submit Enrollment Contract.
- Set up FACTS payment account.
Please Note: We are happy to receive applications after the school year has started. Admissions are done on a rolling basis when spaces are available.