Thank you for your interest in Prairie Moon Waldorf School. To fully appreciate the school, plan to visit our campus, just a few minutes north of downtown Lawrence. You may join us for a visitor morning, attend a class play or performance, go on a scheduled tour, or come to one of our festivals or events. We look forward to meeting you and helping you learn more about Waldorf education.
- Read through Information Packet and website.
- Tour the school, or attend an Open House, or school function. (If these things are not possible, speak with our Enrollment Coordinator or a teacher.)
- Complete and submit an Application for Admissions to our office with $50 fee per child.
- Read Parent Handbook prior to Parent-Child Faculty Interview.
- If applying for Tuition Assistance, complete the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. Families may apply for assistance once the school has received your Application for Admissions.
- Child’s class visit. (grade school only) The teacher will arrange for your grade-school aged child to visit the classroom for one or two days after the above steps have been taken.
- Schedule and complete Parent-Child Faculty Interview. Your child’s prospective teacher will call to set a time to meet with you and your child, to assess your child’s development, to gather biographical information, and answer your questions.
- Notification of Acceptance. An acceptance letter will be sent to your home.
- Upon acceptance, parent receives an enrollment contract, specifying tuition and fees.
- Reserve a Space. Your deposit (10% of the annual tuition per child or agreed upon tuition deposit) must be received to reserve your child’s/children’s place(s) in the classroom. You will meet with our Business Manager to set up your tuition agreement. Payment options will be outlined at this time.
- Submit Enrollment Contract.
- Set up FACTS payment account by accessing the FACTS website.
Please Note: We are happy to receive applications after the school year has started. Admissions are done on a rolling basis when spaces are available.